In this article, users will learn to install SSD5.5 Free on Windows with the new Slate Audio Center.
-Go to https://stevenslatedrums.com/. Select the "PRODUCTS" tab, then scroll down to SSD5.5 Free. Then click "TRY SSD5.5 FREE NOW".
-This will take users to the SSD5 Free Registration Page.
-Once you have entered your information, you will receive a confirmation email.
Note: If users cannot find emails in inbox, check spam folders.
1. Download the Slate Audio Center application from the link in the confirmation email you received.
. tentative picture
2. Once downloaded, follow the prompts on the Windows installer -Make sure you allow the audio center app access to Firewall.
3. Open Slate Audio Center. Then log in with your email and the password from the registration email.
-With the "SSD 5.5" button selected click "INSTALL" next to "Steven Slate Drums 5.5 Free Sampler". This will install the SSD5.5 Plugin file, and the SSD Free library (which contains files for all of the instruments, and the included kit preset).
- On the next page there will be three prompts that can be checked, by clicking the circle. Those using Pro Tools need to make sure that the AAX prompt is checked, and users of other DAW's will need to make sure the VST prompt is checked. Otherwise the plugin will not install. Then check the prompt for "Destination for SSD5 Library folder" and hit the "Select" button, to select the destination for your SSD5 Library folder.
-The destination will decide the location where your samples are installed.
Note: The samples can be installed on your internal hard drive or an external hard drive
Note: Do NOT select system folders such as Program Data or hidden folder. Note: Do NOT select a folder that is synced with a cloud backup library, as this will break the libraries consistency.
-After selecting the destination for Library, hit install to start the installation process. When the process is done, you will get the message "Successfully installed".
Select Base Directory
-The base directory should already be selected when you open SSD5.5 for the first time. If your library is empty, do the following:
- Click the "Settings" tab, then hit "Select Base Dir" and navigate to your SSD5Library folder.
IMPORTANT: The path must END in "/SSD5Library" as shown in the image above. Special characters and certain international symbols are not allowed. - Next, go to "Construct Kit" and click the Refresh button to populate the plugin library.
NOTE: The license file referred to in the settings page is only for the expansions. SSD5 Free CANNOT use expansion packs.