Users can register to download SSD 5.5 Free at https://stevenslatedrums.com/ssd5/#SSD5FREE
You should receive an email confirming your order. If you already have a Slate Audio account, you can log in to download the Slate Audio Center. Otherwise, an email will be sent with a link to create your account. Note: If users cannot find emails in inbox, check spam folders.
1. Download the Slate Audio Center from your Slate Audio account:
2. Double click on the Slate Audio Center application.
-Drag it into the "Applications" folder
3. Open Slate Audio Center from your "Applications" folder. Then log in using the credentials for your Slate User account.
-On the front menu click "Steven Slate Drums 5.5 Free". Then, with the "SSD 5.5" button selected click "INSTALL" next to "Steven Slate Drums 5.5 Free Sampler". This will install the SSD5.5 Plugin file, and the SSD library.
- On the next page there will be two prompts that can be checked, by clicking the circle. New users will need to make sure the top prompt is checked (so the SSD 5.5 Plugin file installs), as well as the bottom prompt. After checking both prompts, hit the "Select" button, to select the destination for your SSD5 Library folder.
-Destination will decide the location where your samples are installed.
Note: The samples can be installed on your internal hard drive or an external hard drive
Note: Do NOT select system folders such as Library or System. Note: We do NOT Recommend the downloads or desktop folders, as the library can be moved or deleted easily here. We recommend the documents folder. Make sure your base directory folder is not linked to Cloud Storage. Cloud
-After selecting the destination for Library, hit install to start the installation process. When the process is done, you will get the message "Successfully installed". Then hit "Back to products".
-If having issues using an external Drive, highlight the drive in finder, then hit ⌘ +2. Then change your sharing & permission settings for your drive. If this still does not work, you will have to clear space and install the folder to an internal location.
Select Base Directory
-The base directory should already be selected when you open SSD5.5 for the first time. If your library is empty, do the following:
- Click the "Settings" tab, then hit "Select Base Dir" and navigate to your SSD5Library folder.
IMPORTANT: The path must END in "/SSD5Library" as shown in the image above. Special characters and certain international symbols are not allowed. - Next, go to "Construct Kit" and click the Refresh button to populate the plugin library.
-Note: License file refers to refer to the licenses for the expansion packs. The Free version CANNOT use these.