SSD 5.5 Installation:
1) Upon purchasing SSD 5.5, you should receive two emails. One will be an order confirmation, and the other will be in regards to installation. Open the email with download instructions. New users will receive a slightly different email with a different procedure than users who have already created Slate User accounts.
2) For new users, once you have opened the email, click the "Let's Get Started" button which will take you to our account setup process.
You will be prompted to create a password, as well as activate your license via iLok. You can either use the suggested iLok account that we automatically create for you, or log into an existing iLok account, if you already have one.
Next, download the Slate Audio Center application. This is what you will use to install SSD 5.5, as well as any future Slate Audio purchases.
3) Once downloaded, follow the prompts on the Windows installer.
4) Open the Slate Audio Center, then log in with your Slate User account. Then select 'Steven Slate Drums 5.5.4' and hit install.
5) On the next page will be three prompts. Make sure all of them are checked.
-The first prompt installs the actual plugin. -The destination prompt will decide the location where your samples are installed.
Note: The samples can be installed on your internal hard drive or an external hard drive
Note: Do NOT select system folders such as Program Data or hidden folder. Note: Do NOT select a folder that is synced with a cloud backup library, as this will break the libraries consistency. Cloud
-After selecting the destination for Library, hit install to start the installation process. When the process is done, you will get the message "Successfully installed". Then hit "Back to products".
Note: If the progress bar stops and freezes before it hits 100%, this could mean the selected destination doesn't have sufficient memory. Please note the SSD 5.5 Library requires at least 20 GB of memory.
Once the installation is complete, you will be prompted to select a valid location to activate your iLok license.
Note: If the progress bar stops and freezes before it hits 100%, this could mean the selected destination doesn't have sufficient memory. Please note the SSD5.5 Library requires at least 20 GB of memory.
Select Base Directory
-The base directory should already be selected when you open SSD5.5 for the first time. If your library is empty, do the following:
- Click the "Settings" tab, then hit "Select Base Dir" and navigate to your SSD5Library folder.
IMPORTANT: The path must END in "/SSD5Library" as shown in the image above. Special characters and certain international symbols are not allowed. - Next, go to "Construct Kit" and click the Refresh button to populate the plugin library.
Expansion Licenses: -In SSD5.5, license files are ONLY used for expansion libraries (Terry Date, CLA, Blackbird, David Bendeth).
- Log in to the Slate Audio Center, then click "Expansions". Here you will see all of your registered expansions. Click the "install" button next to each expansion pack, to install.
-This step should also automatically Install and link the license in the settings page. If it doesn't, go to "Settings" and click "Select License File". Navigate to the license file and click "open". Then, go to "Construct Kit" and hit the Refresh button.
SSD5.5 is now ready to use!