Users can purchase SSD 5.5 at https://stevenslatedrums.com/
You should receive an email confirming your order. If you already have a Slate Audio account, you can log in to download the Slate Audio Center. If this is your first purchase, an email will be sent with a link to create your account. Note: If users cannot find emails in inbox, check spam folders.
1. Download the Slate Audio Center from your Slate Audio account:
2. Double click on the Slate Audio Center application.
3. Open Slate Audio Center. Then log in using the credentials for your Slate User account.
-On the front menu click "Steven Slate Drums 5.5" the "SSD 5.5" button selected click "INSTALL" next to "Steven Slate Drums 5.5 Sampler Beta". This will install the SSD5.5 Plugin file, and the SSD library.
- On the next page there will be two prompts that can be checked, by clicking the circle. New users will need to make sure the top prompt is checked (so the SSD 5.5 Plugin file installs), as well as the bottom prompt. After checking both prompts, hit the "Select" button, to select the destination for your SSD5 Library folder.
-Destination will decide the location where your samples are installed.
Note: The samples can be installed on your internal hard drive or an external hard drive
Note: Do NOT select system folders such as Program Data or hidden folder. Note: Do NOT select a folder that is synced with a cloud backup library, as this will break the libraries consistency.
-After selecting the destination for Library, hit install to start the installation process. When the process is done, you will get the message "Successfully installed". Then hit "Back to products".
-Note: If the progress bar stops and freezes before it hits 100%, this could mean the selected destination doesn't have sufficient memory. Please note the SSD5 Library requires at least 20 GB of memory.
Registering your iLok license
1. If you have previously linked your iLok ID's in your Slate user account at https://my.stevenslateaudio.com, please open iLok License Manger. Then sign into the iLok account that is linked to your Slate account.
If you have not yet linked an iLok ID to your Slate user account, or did not set up a Slate user prior to purchasing SSD 5.5, please log into https://my.stevenslateaudio.com. please Here users will see an orange prompt directing them to where they can link their iLok account.
-If you do not yet have an iLok account, you'll need to create one here
2. Log in to iLok License Manager. Then click your user name in the top left corner
-Click the"Available" tab. Then drag SSD5 license to your Machine or your iLok.
Select Base Directory
-The base directory should already be selected when you open SSD5.5 for the first time. If your library is empty, do the following:
- Click the "Settings" tab, then hit "Select Base Dir" and navigate to your SSD5Library folder.
IMPORTANT: The path must END in "/SSD5Library" as shown in the image above. Special characters and certain international symbols are not allowed. - Next, go to "Construct Kit" and click the Refresh button to populate the plugin library.
Expansion Licenses: -In SSD5.5, license files are ONLY used for expansion libraries (Terry Date, CLA, Blackbird, David Bendeth).
- Log in to the Slate Audio Center, then click "Expansions". Here you will see all of your registered expansions. Click the "install" button next to each expansion pack, to install.
-This step should also automatically Install and link the license in the settings page. If it doesn't, go to "Settings" and click "Select License File". Navigate to the license file and click "open". Then, go to "Construct Kit" and hit the Refresh button.
SSD5.5 is now ready to use!