In this article, users will learn to install SSD5.5 with the new Slate Audio Center. This is for users who have just purchased SSD since SSD5.5 was released, and did not purchase/download the previous version of SSD (SSD5).
Note: Previous users (those who purchased SSD5 and used the SSD Install Manager) should refer to this link: (For Previous Users)
Users can purchase SSD 5.5 at https://stevenslatedrums.com/
-Upon purchasing SSD 5.5, users will receive two emails:
- Order Confirmation and Receipt
- Slate Audio Registration Info
Note: If users cannot find emails in inbox, check spam folders.
Note: If this is the first product you are registering, you will also receive an email with a link to set up your account password.
1. Download the Slate Audio Center from your Slate Audio account:
2. Double click on the Slate Audio Center application.
-Drag it into the "Applications" folder
3. Open Slate Audio Center from your "Applications" folder. Then log in using the credentials for your Slate User account.
-With the "SSD 5.5" button selected click "INSTALL" next to "Steven Slate Drums 5.5 Sampler Beta". This will install the SSD5.5 Plugin file, and update the SSD library, giving users the newly re-released OG One-Shots, and updated grooves library.
- On the next page there will be two prompts that can be checked, by clicking the circle. New users will need to make sure the top prompt is checked (so the SSD 5.5 Plugin file installs), as well as the bottom prompt. After checking both prompts, hit the "Select" button, to select the destination for your SSD5 Library folder.
-Destination will decide the location where your samples are installed.
Note: The samples can be installed on your internal hard drive or an external hard drive
Note: Do NOT select system folders such as Library or System. Note: We do NOT Recommend the downloads or desktop folders, as the library can be moved or deleted easily here. We recommend the documents folder. Make sure your base directory folder is not linked to Cloud Storage. Cloud
-After selecting the destination for Library, hit install to start the installation process. When the process is done, you will get the message "Successfully installed". Then hit "Back to products".
-Note: If the progress bar stops and freezes before it hits 100%, this could mean the selected destination doesn't have sufficient memory. Please note the SSD5 Library requires at least 20 GB of memory.
-If having issues using an external Drive, highlight the drive in finder, then hit ⌘ +2. Then change your sharing & permission settings for your drive. If this still does not work, you will have to clear space and install the folder to an internal location.
To register your iLok License, open the email that you received when you purchased SSD5.5
Select the License Code and copy the code
Note: The format of the code will look like this: (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX)
Open the iLok License Manager
Note: If you have not downloaded the iLok License Manager, you can download it here: https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager
Sign into your iLok account,
-If you do not yet have an iLok account, you'll need to create a new account
Click on Redeem an Activation Code button in the top left corner
Paste the code that you copied from your email and click "Next"
Click your User Name in the top left corner
-Drag SSD5 license from the "Available" tab, to your Machine or your iLok
Select Base Directory
-The base directory should already be selected when you open SSD5.5 for the first time. If your library is empty, do the following:
- Click the "Settings" tab, then hit "Select Base Dir" and navigate to your SSD5Library folder.
IMPORTANT: The path must END in "/SSD5Library" as shown in the image above. Special characters and certain international symbols are not allowed. - Next, go to "Construct Kit" and click the Refresh button to populate the plugin library.
Expansion Licenses: -In SSD5.5, license files are ONLY used for expansion libraries (Terry Date, CLA, Blackbird, David Bendeth).
- Log in to the Slate Audio Center, then click "Expansions". Here you will see all of your registered expansions. Click the "install" button next to each expansion pack, to install.
-This step should also automatically Install and link the license in the settings page. If it doesn't, go to "Settings" and click "Select License File". Navigate to the license file and click "open". Then, go to "Construct Kit" and hit the Refresh button.
SSD5.5 is now ready to use!